I am once again inspired to write, only this time it's a little more serious. I just got home from Fred and Else-Marie's 25th Anniversary, and boy what a night it was! Everything about tonight was so perfect and precious. First of all, Fred and Else-Marie just mean so much to me, and their relationship is truly centred around Christ and they are such amazing examples for myself, and so many others. Anyways, Fred cleared out his workshop and turned it into the most magical little room that could have easily passed as what I would like my wedding reception to look like; basically it was completely rad. There was a little stage in a tent just off of the shed where the boys (Caleb, Elias, Joey, Pete, etc.) treated us to some sweet tunes (a la banjo!) such as Van Morrison, The Strokes, and they even played "When the night comes" by Dan Auerbach (Fred and Else-Marie danced to it). It was all so lovely. The room was so full of love all night. As I looked around the room I could just see how Fred and Else-Marie impacted so many of those in attendance. They have worked together to build a life full of relationships and love where Jesus is where it all comes back to. His presence is undeniable in their life. Else-Marie shared tonight how at their wedding the pastor read out of Ecclesiastes 4:12, "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken". She went on to share how it is really completely Jesus that they are where they are today, and there is no other way. Now, this may not sound groundbreaking to most people, but I just sat in awe as I watched them. I prayed that God would shape me into someone who totally relied on Him for everything. I can remember Else-Marie telling me about when she was coming back to the Lord and she was praying and she asked God for peace, and then she met Fred, and as God would have it, the word fred literally means peace in Danish. How cool is that? If you have ever met Else-Marie you would know that she is absolutely oozing with peace. She also says that she would have never guessed that Fred would be the man God had for her. It's funny how we try and figure things out and make our own decisions, when really our minds simply cannot comprehend the plans that He has for us. There is something about realizing our own weakness, and I really struggle with this. I am so prideful, and stubborn. I too often think that I can do things on my own, when I never can. God is the only thing that can hold me together, and the only way that I am ever going to get anywhere, or let God take me anywhere, is if I stop stuggling so hard to do it on my own. This is only way I will ever have His peace. I have been hit with a wave of reflection tonight, and I keep hearing the words to Kari Jobe's song "The more I seek you" over and over in my head.
the more I seek you
the more I find you
the more I find you
the more I seek you
I want to sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand
lay back against you and breath
feel your heartbeat
this love is so deep
it's more than I can stand
I melt in your peace
it's overwhelming
your love is overwhelming me.
He is the only one that can offer peace, and peace is what I need. Anyways, something is stirring in me, and I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe I am taking another step toward being broken; broken for a God that loves me even though I don't deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment